21 August 2011

The Notebook

I just watched The Notebook for the first time, and it makes me cry like a babyyyyyyy :''''(


Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.





Young Allie: [lying in the middle of the street] What happens if a car comes? 
Young Noah: We die.  



Young Allie: Now, say you're a bird.
Young Noah: If you're a bird, I'm a bird. 


Young Noah: We can just finish out the summer and see what happens then.
Young Allie: Please don't do this, you don't mean it. Oh why wait until the summer ends? Why don't you do it right now?
[pushes Noah against car]
Young Allie: Huh? C'mon. Do it! Do it!
[repeatedly pushes Noah, starts hitting Noah, Noah starts hitting himself]
Young Allie: You know what? I'm gonna do it! It's over. Okay? it's over.
Young Noah: [opens his arms for a hug] Come here.
Young Allie: Don't touch me! I hate you! I hate you!
Young Noah: OK, I'm going.
Young Allie: Why don't you just go then?
[pushes Noah in the car]
Young Allie: Get out! Leave!
[kicks Noah's car]
Young Allie: Go!... No, no, just wait a minute, we're not really breaking up are we? Come on. This is just a fight we're having and tomorrow will be like it never happend right?
[Noah drives away




Young Noah: My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah 


Young Allie: Why didn't you write me? Why? It wasn't over for me, I waited for you for seven years. But now it's too late.
Young Noah: I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year.
Young Allie: You wrote me?
Young Noah: Yes... it wasn't over, it still isn't over 


Noah: That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is. 


Allie: Do you think our love can make miracles?
Noah: I do. 
Allie: Do you think our love, can take us away together?
Noah: I think our love can do anything we want it to. 
Allie: I love you. 
Noah: I love you, Allie. 
Allie: Good night. 
Noah: Good night. I’ll be seeing you. 

I wish I could have that love story... I wish we could be together. Until the very end... with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?